Valley Mountain Regional Center Board Approved (Oct 2019) Policy on “Public Disclosures and Transparency”
The purpose of this policy to improve transparency and the public’s access to information pursuant to Welfare and Institutions code (WIC) sections 4629.5(a) and 4629.5(b). The transparency and public disclosure policy describes the information that Valley Mountain Regional Center (VMRC) will provide the public in a timely manner. This policy lists the minimum required information by law but should not be considered an exhaustive list.
It is our intention at VMRC to be good stewards of the public trust and to conduct our governance of the regional center in the most transparent manner possible. We recognize that we are a non-profit charitable organization awarded tax exempt status in exchange for service to the community and in addition we operate under contract with the California Department of Developmental Services (DDS) to discharge the state’s obligation to people with developmental disabilities and their families as set forth in the Lanterman Developmental Disabilities Act. We accept these responsibilities seriously and earnestly.
VMRC will provide public access to information, including, but not limited to, information regarding requests for proposals and contract awards, service provider rates, documentation related to establishment of negotiated rates, audits, and IRS Form 990. These disclosures shall be implemented in compliance with applicable law(s) relating to the confidentiality of consumer service information and records, including, but not limited to, WIC Section 4514. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1023 Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. This document included VMRC’s Articles of Incorporation, VMRC Bylaws, and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 990 Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax for the three most recently filed years.
In accordance with the WIC Section 4629, our contract with DDS, and our own intention of being fully transparent in our operations VMRC will post least all of the following on our website:
(1) This policy as approved by the Board of Directors of VMRC.
(2) Regional center annual independent audits.
(3) All fiscal audits conducted by DDS.
(4) Regional center annual reports pursuant to Section 4639.5.
(5) Contract awards, including the organization or entity awarded the contract, and the amount and purpose of the award.
(6) Purchase of service policies and any other policies, guidelines, or regional center-developed assessment tools used to determine the transportation, personal assistant, or independent or supported living service needs of a consumer.
(7) The names, types of service, and contact information of all vendors.
(8) Board meeting agendas and approved minutes of open meetings of the board and all committees of the board.
(9) Bylaws of the regional center governing board.
(10) The annual performance contract and yearend performance contract entered into with the department pursuant to this division.
(11) The biannual Home and Community-based Services Waiver program review conducted by the department and the State Department of Health Care Services.
(12) The board-approved transparency and public information policy.
(13) The board-approved conflict-of-interest policy.
(14) A link to the DDS website.
(15) The salaries, wages, and employee benefits for all positions of the regional center, including, but not limited to, directors and chief executive officers.
(16) Regional center-specific reports generated pursuant to, and for the purposes of, subdivision (h) of Section 4571 regarding Quality Assessments.
(17) DDS will create document about the services available from regional centers and post it on their website. Once this document is completed and updated VMRC will create a link to that document. VMRC will also obtain copies of this document and deliver it to our consumers by email, weblink, US mail, and or hand delivered in-person whichever is preferred by the consumer and or their representative.
(18) Disability Rights California and the Clients’ Rights Advocate website links.
(19) Section 4731 Consumer Rights Complaints and Fair Hearing Requests. (This does not have to be posted on our website at this time but must be reported to DDS who will post on their website. A policy for regional center posting is still being developed on the state level.)
(20) Performance dashboard developed by DDS.
(21) National Core Indicator outcome data.
(22) The VMRC Board of Directors Composition Report.
(23) Service Provider Corrective Action Plans and Sanctions. (This does not have to be posted on our website at this time but must be reported to DDS who will post on their website. A policy for regional center posting is still being developed on the state level.)
(24) Department Directives to VMRC.
(25) Holiday Schedule for service providers.
(26) Home and Community Based Services Final Rule Compliance Data.
(27) Any other reports required pursuant to WIC Section 4639.5 promulgated after the date of the approval of this policy.
(28) The DDS Transparency Portal on its website that allows consumers, families, advocates, and others to access provider and regional center information.
The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) monitors the actions and efforts of Regional Centers to ensure they meet statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations, and uphold the values of the Lanterman Act, the legislation guiding the developmental services system in California. For more information on DDS’ monitoring activities, click on the oversight logo below:
Valley Mountain Regional Center 2019 | All rights reserved