Lanterman Developmental Services Referrals
People over age 3 are referred to VMRC by schools, hospitals, doctors, other families, etc. When they or their families contact VMRC, persons three years of age or older are assigned an Intake Coordinator whose job is to acquaint the applicant and his/her family with VMRC and its services, coordinate the diagnostic and eligibility determination process.
Who to Contact for Services:
To refer a child or adult for an assessment of eligibility:
In San Joaquin County call our Stockton Office:
(209) 955-3281 for under age 3 (Early Start Services)
(209) 955-3209 for over age 3 (Lanterman Act Services)
In Stanislaus County call our Modesto Office:
(209) 557-5619 for under age 3 (Early Start Services)
(209) 557-2197 for over age 3 (Lanterman Act Services)
In Amador, Calaveras and Tuolumne County call our San Andreas Office:
(209) 674-6535 for both under age 3 (Early Start Services) AND over age 3 (Lanterman Act Services)
Over 3 Years Old (Lanterman Act Services)
An interdisciplinary team consisting of the Intake Coordinator, various specialists, and the family, determines whether the applicant has a substantial handicap caused by a developmental disability. This process requires written evaluations and various diagnostic tests (usually at least a medical, psychological or developmental evaluation).