2022 Training Plan
Putting Together Great Ideas for Creating Person Centered Plans (July Trainings 2022 in English)
Join Valley Mountain Regional Center for an exciting and interactive training Person Centered Thinking Training. Trainings Held via Zoom all session held from 9 AM-12 PM, March 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22 for Consumer, Family and Vendors
This training is Mandatory for all new staff. Attendance at all days for the training is required
2 CEU Units offered for training completion
20 people per monthly training
To Register Contact Angelique Shear email@example.com or 209-955-3294
Think Purpose First
To help people have better lives, not just better paper. To help people have better lives we should be able to answer these 6 questions
- What do people like, admire, or appreciate about the person?
- What is important to the person?
- What do others need to know or do if people are to have both what is important to and important for addressed and in balance?
- What outcomes will help the person move toward a desired life with a balance between important to and important for?
- What goals will help the person achieve these outcomes?
Three important outcomes from this approach
Person Centered Thinking underlies and guides respectful listening which leads to actions to ensure people (1) have positive control over the life they desire and find satisfying, (2) are recognized and valued for the contributions (current and potential) to their communities, (3) and are supported in a web of relationships, both natural and paid within their communities.
Person Centered skills reflect and reinforce values that…
- Propel the learning cycle
- Help us support rather than fix
- Work for Humans
- Work at every level of the organization
- Build the culture of learning, partnership, and accountability
- Affirm our belief that everyone can learn