Office: 209-473-0951

How To Apply For Services

People are referred to VMRC by schools, hospitals, doctors, other families, etc.  When they or their families contact VMRC, persons three years of age or older are assigned an Intake Coordinator whose job is to acquaint the applicant and his/her family with VMRC and its services, coordinate the diagnostic and eligibility determination process, and provide any needed short term interventions.

The Team
An interdisciplinary team consisting of the Intake Coordinator, various specialists, and the family, determines whether the applicant has a substantial handicap caused by a developmental disability. This process requires written evaluations and various diagnostic tests (usually at least a medical, psychological or developmental evaluation).

Under 3 Years Old
Youngsters under three years of age are referred directly to an Early Start Intake Coordinator who begins the eligibility determination process. It is important to meet legally-mandated timelines so that the child and family can begin receiving services as soon as possible.

Who to Contact for Services:
To refer a child or adult for an assessment of eligibility call any VMRC office.

In San Joaquin County call: (209) 473-0951
In Stanislaus County call: (209) 529-2626
In Amador, Calaveras and Tuolumne County call: (209) 754-1871

4 thoughts on “How To Apply For Services”

  1. Gil Seegmiller says:

    I am a conservator of my younger brother with ASD. I am highly interested in transferring his case to your county.

    1. Doug Bonnet says:

      Hi Gil,

      I just replied to your question via email.

  2. Melinda Drewrey says:

    Regarding eligibility for Allison Schmidt. DOB 9.22.1972. I called on 9-14-19 to apply. Requesting status update please 916.316.0429

    1. Doug Bonnet says:

      Hi Melinda,

      I’ve forwarded your inquiry to our intake manager who will look into this.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *